Monday 27 July 2015

Muddling at the Markets with Bronwynne


MUDDLING AT THE MARKETS
Sunday morning. 7am. Minus 5 degrees and I’m up packing the car with a small amount of product and a large number of props ready to head off to our monthly visit to the Bus Depot markets Not even time for a coffee…but they sell coffee at the markets so it will be ok.  Yes, yes I know I should have done it last night.
8.15 and I’m in the car on the way.  Not too much fog but there is frost and my car computer tells me to drive safely as the road is minus 2 degrees.  Great.  Thank goodness I have lambswool liners in my socks (courtesy of Di at the lambswool boot stall on our last market day).
I arrive at the markets at 8.40 and turn into a pack horse as I move my stall from the car into the markets.  Running late – pressure is on to set up, but I need coffee.  Thank you David (from Suitcase Dollhouses) for doing the first coffee run of the day.
I’ll admit today’s set up was a bit of a muddle.  We have more space than usual so while we love having room to spread out, we probably don’t have quite enough bases – tables, shelves etc – but we will make do. But as usual the wonderful visitors to the markets were very understanding and patient and interested in our new products.
Particularly eye catching was Geraldine’s Lace Top Hat, a black version of the copper one that she has been reluctant to part with.  Absolutely gorgeous it is for sale at the markets. Geraldine also has some new paper craft journals that excited a lot of people (it seems some people do still write with pens on paper! Or maybe they are just so gorgeous they are irresistible.)
Another new addition was an element of Bron’s take on a modern day chatelaine – the USB stick.  With a wooden casing and the Dellamortika imagery these proved to be popular with our young and more mature followers alike. These will shortly also be available through our etsy site.
Bron also has started a movement to get your jewels out of the draw and up on the wall with a range of jewellery frames.  From the over the top baroque to simpler more streamlined frames, you can use them to hang up your precious jewellery and display them in your boudoir.  Not only are they works of art in their own right, it might even remind you to wear them occasionally!
3.00pm OMG where did they day go?  No wonder my tummy is rumbling.  After sate and spring rolls from the Lao Kitchen and (yes another coffee) I am ready for the sprint to the finish line.  Last minute rush of interest in our world including a visit from a balloon pilot…yes they do actually exist outside of Dellamortika!
4.00pm Time to pack everything back into the car and head home.  Once again I am confounded by how much space the props and display takes compared to how little the actual items for sale on my stall.  I must get more organised before next month’s event.
Hope to see you there.  Till August…bye from Bron.

No comments:

Post a Comment